Credit Card Debt

fAt Kaka

The 47 Ronin
I put on all the big expenses on CC and get the rewards/cash backs. Also pay it off every month.

In my attempts to help spark up some chit chat, I tend to bring up my own embarrassments.
I read statistics saying something like the average household credit card debt is $15k, but that doesn't really say what's high vs "sell your kids" crazy high since it's averaging the highs & lows.
Might be a fun poll question, but it's not something most people want to talk about.

Am I the only one with over $40k in CC debt? :p I wish I were joking. If so, and I'm pretty sure I might be, I'll just leave that there to make you guys feel better about your own current situations. It's like watching Hoarders and saying, "ok my place isn't that much of a dump!"

About 1/3 of it was medical bills, and the other 2/3 was unwise choices. I so love this skit:
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/dont-buy-stuff/n12020

Time to donate to 47R! :D

fAt Kaka

The 47 Ronin
My exwife didn't give the ring back. fucking bitch.

I think the worst debt I've been in was when I still owed around 4K on my ex wifes ring and was recently divorced and purchased a nice ass gaming laptop, spilled beer all over it, fried it, went to best buy like the next day and dropped another 1500ish on another one. And then I spilled beer on that one, but luckily only fried the keyboard haha. And in case you wondered, she gave me the 5K dollar ring back.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/660224114/overview/

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/668496126/overview/

@FuZion

40k for the second one and it only has 22,000 miles.... your dream car may come sooner than you think.... but tbh a house is a much better investment over a grossly deprecating asset.
Lol this is my inner child speaking for me when it comes to my dreams haha. I think about my future salary being good for my degree so I'm thinking about a new new version that I can keep low miles but I'm going to look at these used ones, see how they are, I wish I saw these last year I would have bought one then lol

tuc0

Lol this is my inner child speaking for me when it comes to my dreams haha. I think about my future salary being good for my degree so I'm thinking about a new new version that I can keep low miles but I'm going to look at these used ones, see how they are, I wish I saw these last year I would have bought one then lol
supercars may become maintenance nightmare bcoz the parts, tools, and high frequency required to maintain high performance. i look at them like f-16, f-15, f-22, f-18, and f-35. only governments can afford them. but, dont be discouraged, you only live once!

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
supercars may become maintenance nightmare bcoz the parts, tools, and high frequency required to maintain high performance. i look at them like f-16, f-15, f-22, f-18, and f-35. only governments can afford them. but, dont be discouraged, you only live once!
This is great man, love the reference because I worked on a majority of these jets and I can say I understand exactly what you mean omg. Nightmare goosebumps crawled up my skin when I read this

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
In my attempts to help spark up some chit chat, I tend to bring up my own embarrassments.
I read statistics saying something like the average household credit card debt is $15k, but that doesn't really say what's high vs "sell your kids" crazy high since it's averaging the highs & lows.
Might be a fun poll question, but it's not something most people want to talk about.

Am I the only one with over $40k in CC debt? :p I wish I were joking. If so, and I'm pretty sure I might be, I'll just leave that there to make you guys feel better about your own current situations. It's like watching Hoarders and saying, "ok my place isn't that much of a dump!"

About 1/3 of it was medical bills, and the other 2/3 was unwise choices. I so love this skit:
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/dont-buy-stuff/n12020

Time to donate to 47R! :D
Not that anyone might want to know, but I started this thread and thought I'd give an update.

It's been 1 and 1/2 years since the post above and my wife & I are pretty excited that the $40k has been paid off as of this month. Of course, it's a never-ending battle, but hopefully we'll keep things under control going forward. This week might be an exception with the barrage of Black Friday deals. :p Much like the diet I need to go on during my favorite meal of the year. :D
Hope everyone else is holding up!